Thursday, September 3, 2009

Autumn is in the air.

The weather in Ohio has taken a definite turn to autumn. I do worry that Fall is arriving so early. We had such a cool summer this year, I worry about how cold this winter might get. I just love global warming.
Yesterday was so nice that I received a little inspiration. I went through all of my scrapbook scraps and put together all the supplies for autumn paper crafting. I set up the whole thing on the back porch and spent the day crafting outside and playing with my son. We had a wonderful time. I sat where I could see him run all over the backyard playing with the dog and I could play with my toys. I would join them in the frolicking on occasion. We had a blast, well until he flipped a chair backwards, and went face first in to the stairs on the patio. I have never been so scared. His little face was scrapped and it left huge lump on his head. OMG, it broke my heart to hear him cry and I couldn't make the pain go away.
He's such a tough little guy. After a good fifteen minutes of sobbing. He sucked it up and wanted down. Walked over to the chair and step, looked at them and went back out in to the safety of the grass and played. I went ahead and called the doctor, but she didn't seem to horribly concerned. So I watched him like a hawk for the next hour, gave him some Motrin and let him nap for about an hour. He woke up like nothing happen. The resilience of children continually amaze me.
This is what little boys do, I hear.
Enough of the drama.......
I didn't realize how rusty I am. I haven't really done any paper crafting for over a year. I had an inspiration for a series of autumn tags. I finished the first in the series.
Each tag will have a unique shape, but the colors and techniques with be uniform throughout the series. I plan for the series to include grains, cornucopia, and pumpkins.

1 comment:

  1. love this...i join some of the digital art groups and some are mixed media and they do a lot of tags...gosh there's so many beautiful things to do...i have no idea how you do any of this, have never done it.

    ReplyDelete